Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On the cutting table: T shirts


On the cutting table this week, T shirts for my sister and my daughter from Jennifer Stern's wonderful Tee Pattern, "The Tee". I loved the wonderful shirts that Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics made, and ordered the patterns to sell on Little Hunting Creek. (Plus Jennifer is super nice.)
Also I promised to finish a shirt for Mr. Hunting Creek, which is waiting for buttons and buttonholes.(The shirt; Mr. Hunting Creek is unequipped with buttonholes and buttons.) Now that it is supposed to get warm any second now, he is hinting that it would be nice to wear it sometime this year.

And I am finishing my UFOs from last summer. (Really! I swear!)
What's on your cutting table?

6 comments:

Meg said...

I'm eager to see how you do with this shirt, 'cause I need a new t-shirt pattern.

gwensews said...

I'm glad to know that someone else has year old UFOs. I just finished a suit type jacket. Now, I am making jeans.

Nancy K said...

I love this t shirt, but I wonder about adjusting for my DD cup size. I know that Ann didn't do an fba, but I am larger than she is. I saw Jennifer's posting on how to adjust it and honestly, it was Greek.
I have 2 Ufo's I want to actually sew. One from my Florida trip and one from last summer.

Nancy Winningham said...

This looks like it will be a cute T. You can just never have enough good Ts. A pair of pants just left my cutting table last night and I'm hoping to sew this evening!

melissa said...

I can't wait to see your version of this - I love new pattern companies, and Ann's version was great!

I'm in the midst of sewing up the Eclair dress from Colette Patterns, as I beta-tested the pattern back in December with a muslin, but my silks got backordered and then I had no occasion to wear it. But I do now!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Fingers crossed that it really does get warm tomorrow! I want to wear some of my new summer dresses!