Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it Spring Yet?



My mother was born in Punxsutawney, PA, which is why I grew up being able to spell Punxsutawney.This comes in very handy for Jeopardy. Therefore I feel like Punxsutawney Phil is sort of a cousin. So Phil, honey, none of that shadow stuff two weeks from now. Please?
It is 17 degrees here in Virginia right now. I am so ready for Spring.

I read on Trena's blog her plan for all of the pretty things she is planning to make and I thought - what a great idea! I am always forgetting what I intended to make and then when I have sewing time I have to try and remember just what it was I wanted to do. So I am going to blatantly steal her idea and make a plan. I'd take pictures right now, but there has been an "unfortunate accident" with my camera. It was on the little bookcase here in my office and I accidentally knocked it off behind the bookcase. It's carpeted back there, so no harm done, except that I couldn't reach it. I tried to catch the wrist strap with a hanger (I thought this was a brilliant idea, but as my son says, "Mom, even monkeys use tools." and I managed with the hanger to get it even further under the bookcase. Perhaps the monkey could have done better.) I asked Mr. Hunting Creek if he could move the bookcase and get it for me, but he forgot. I don't want to be accused of nagging, (again) so I will ask him tomorrow (sweetly) if he can fish it out for me. In the meantime these are the new spring Patterns that I am planning to make, fabric to be assigned later.
Vogue 1085 looks nice and summery and a gal can't have too many knit tops. The wrap version is my favorite.

Vogue 8557 pushed all of my blouse buttons (oh what a great pun! and totally by accident!) Princess seams for the FBA, cute sleeves...I know I have some dotted swiss in the sewing cave that would be perfect.

I'm making all of the spring stuff out of existing fabric. (Like Trena, I discovered that constantly getting new fabric was keeping me from actually sewing what I had. Ironic yet true.)
I'm happy tonight because I have a four day weekend. You may have heard that we are having the inauguration here Tuesday. Since we are in Northern Virginia, we keep reading that the entire area will be paralyzed with traffic, crowds and gridlock. I don't care, it's all worth it, plus I'll be inside sewing!
I hope you stay warm and have fun sewing too.

No comments: