Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Questions for J.K.Rowling
Dear J.K. Rowling,
Since we are now in the process of second guessing , I’d like ask a few questions.
1. Why do you now suddenly think that Hermione is “settling” for Ron? I can understand why she might love Ron. Hermione was an only child, raised by Muggles. The Weasley family welcomed her with open arms and with them she got the whole package: ready made family, a witch mother in law and sister who would understand her, and the support and acceptance every young person needs. She wasn't only marrying Ron. She was marrying his whole family. Same with Harry. He isn't really just marrying Ginny. He is getting the big family he craves.
I would have matched Hermione with Draco or Viktor, but don’t those choices say more about ME than about Hermione’s character? Aren't you also projecting a little but here? .
2. Why do wizards get married so young? Also, why does Hermione have to get married at all? This alone seems awfully regressive. If any woman can take care of herself without a man, it would be a witch.
3. What kind of family planning do wizards use? Just curious here, as this isn't explained. Perhaps a potion of some kind?
I would hope that magical methods would be available for BOTH witches and wizards, so that finally the whole burden of family planning isn't on the woman.
4. Even though Mrs. Weasley is a powerful witch, how come she is the one stuck at home doing housework and cooking?
5. Why does Madame Malkin have to pin up fabric on their robes and hem them? Is fabric resistant to magic? Is that why Lupin’s robes are so shabby? Because he can’t repair and replace them by magic?
6. Aren't there any jobs or industries in the Wizarding world? Is the only career options available working for the government, being a small business owner or being born with money?
7. Don’t you think that you need to write about Wizarding Detectives working in the Muggle World, solving crimes? Of course you do!
Looking forward to your answers.