Monday, November 4, 2013

Scary Recipes: Vol I Green Bean Casserole

Green Bean Casserole Pie

While poking around on Pinterest, this horrifying vision appeared. Not just the horrible,no-good, very bad, awful, disgusting Green Bean Casserole that so many people inflict upon the innocent during the month of November. Oh NO.
That's not awful ENOUGH. Instead there has been invented: Green Bean Casserole Pie.

I still remember the awful day when I first sampled this atrocity. It was after we had moved to the the East Coast from California, (land of Fresh Vegetables.). It was at a work Potluck. I swore then that I would never eat it again, and I have kept my vow.
What Thanksgiving side dish do you hate the most?

2 comments:

Kimbersew said...

I grew up in a family who called it 'Green Bean Supreme.' Last year I met someone who calls it 'Green Bean Yucky!' Touche. (I've always hated it, but a can of fried onion bits on top makes it better for politeness' sake)

badmomgoodmom said...

My FIL asked me to make green beans w/ garlic sauce (like you get at Chinese restaurants). Unfortunately, I am too squeamish to use as much oil as they do in restaurants. So, I fear, he will be disappointed.