Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Isabelles


Speaking of wedding dresses, don't miss the fabulous paper wedding dress and other magnificent creations from Isabelle de Borchgrave
When you are done admiring those, take a tour with Isabel Toledo
I like how Isabel Toledo actually sews. So many new "designers" seem to think that sewing skill isn't necessary.
You may find all this creativity intimidating or inspiring. I find it inspiring. I've been inspired to do some designing and then, when I can't sleep, doing mental sewing to try and figure out the best way to make my designs. Mental sewing is an excellent way to figure out easier, better or more efficient ways to sew a project. I review all of the steps required and then see if I can figure out a better way to do them. Much better than counting sheep and more useful too.I think next week when I have some vacation I'll play around a little and see what happens.
Do you do mental sewing? If yes, what is your process? Have you ever designed anything?

No comments: