Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Eileen Fisher Wishes You Happy Birthday


picture Courtesy of Nordstrom

Eileen Fisher must have some secret pact with the Census Bureau or Social Security Administration, because on my 52nd birthday (just about 10 days ago) I received an Eileen Fisher email from Nordstrom. I was looking at it (like all oldest children, we obediently read what is sent to us; we're polite that way.) and Mr. Hunting Creek looked over my shoulder. "Those look like wrinkled pajamas," he said. "It's Eileen Fisher," I told him, "They always look like that. I think it was Nora Ephron who said that Eileen Fisher was for women who have just given up."
"But YOU haven't given up," he said, (a little alarmed at the prices, I think.)
"No, I can make my own wrinkled pajamas." I said.
This is more my style, Eileen, or this. Can you do something like these?
But thanks for the birthday wishes!

5 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

I must have given up a long time ago. I've been wearing old lady clothes since I was a teen. I also own an alarming # of Eileen Fisher clothes.

http://badmomgoodmom.blogspot.com/2007/03/get-out-of-jail-free.html

AuntieAllyn said...

Well I'm rather vexed that I've been left-off Ms. Fisher's birthday wishes list! I've bought several Eileen Fisher pieces over the years, but I guess buying them from eBay doesn't count (her garments are seriously overpriced, IMHO). She has done some nice stuff over the years, but I just cannot abide the wrinkled, baggy, shapless pieces that seem to dominate her collections!

Venus de Hilo said...

I love the Eileen Fisher clothes in her ads, but fear that on me those garments would just look frumpy. Then again, I prize comfort way more than style (although on a good day I can almost combine the two), and suspect I look frumpy a good deal of the time anyway.

Kitty Couture said...

Happy belated birthday!
And yay for pretty structured dresses :)

golden star said...

Happy Birthday!

They have some new young designers and the collection has expanded to more than the wrinkled big-ease items.