Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dress from 1957


My mother wore dresses like this, before I was around, of course. I used to peek in her closet when I was a kid and imagine wearing those big skirted floral pieces of fifties froth, with white gloves and those pointy toed pumps.
The Black dress for cocktails in the city, the flowered one for lunches at the country club.

I especially like the thought of going to my office in the black version. I'm the editor of Vogue, and i have the cool Miranda Priestly glasses, (the better to give cold condescending looks).
Where would you wear this lovely dress? Would you choose wool jersey, or silk shantung? Linen or pique? Wool crepe, or faille? Whatever your fantasy, if you are a size 16 (fifties sizing), bust 36 inches, find it here.




2 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

I don't have the life for those clothes, but I like the fantasy. BTW, I'm sitting in my office, wearing a RTW t-shirt and chinos with a me-made chainmail sweatshirt.

I'm wrangling bash code and remote tape robot commands this afternoon. The robot resides in another state. Et tu?

Mary said...

I actually have a ladies luncheon next week! I will wear V 8469, a dress I've made up twice (without the giant bow). I'm planning to use a wide belt to cinch in the waist, and carry a statement purse. Really...